Monday, January 01, 2007

2006 Recap

by chinwhat at 4:45 p.m.
Goodbye 2K6. Here are the most notable moments from this year.

January
Unfortunately, the year didn’t start off the best for me. Ah, what're you gonna? Who knows, but I figure: hey, it’s her loss … Speaking of losses, I almost lost my cousin in that crazy accident. Good thing that crash smartened him up because I don’t think he’d learn any other way. That and his insurance must be crazy expensive!

February
I give my better half, ai, access to contribute to my blog. Between his lack of posts and as well as his disappearing act from TeamID events this year, I decide to cut him off a few months later. Easy come, easy go >shrug< … Read Tuesday’s With Morrie. Shit changed my life! Okay, not really. But if I had a book club like Oprah (or a million dollars) I’d pimp it more hard core than I already do (which isn't a lot) … Chilled out at John’s place and Shaun gets the bright idea to call up Goldhawk on Rogers10. He wanted to punk them about the old sky line backdrop they were using (which they changed after we called btw). I yelled out “G-UNIT!!” at the end. Not sure why, but hey, it was funny!


March
Found out in March that the Utah Jazz’s Andrei Kirilenko’s wife lets him sleep with another woman once a year. She is unanimously voted Best Wife Ever by the International Men’s Committee … Winter pretty much finishes and I realize that this was the first year in a long time which I had absolutely zero skating! What a shame … Shaun moves to his new place and in TeamID tradition, defacing of boxes continues!

April
Our annual 8K Race at High Park was done. Hey, look! It’s CityTv’s Mark Daley! Hey even Shaun showed up, too! Hmmmmmmmm, I wonder why … MTVCanada launches and that makes me a very very happy boy. Why? Aliya-Jasmine Sovani, that's why! Is there a prettier TV host debut this year? I think not! >sigh< … My work out buddy Shaun quits the gym. He claims that he’ll be working out at his gym. Keep up the "breathing exercises" my friend! >cough< >cough< …

May
My last fete for the year is the monstrous FireFete3. Shoes get destroyed, but it was still fun as hell ... Cathy gets thrown out of the Maddy. She gets mad props! I’ve never known anyone to get tossed out of a bar before. This also cements Maria’s opinion that the CathyAl are “wild” laugh!!! … Chris and I join beach volleyball. If I’ve said it once, I’ve said it a million times: I’m not really into white girls. BUT the one Barbie on our team… >whistles!< Gat Damn son! Those legs!

June
The first time my company’s softball team plays the Mississauga Indian Grocer’s team. All praises due to Vishnu because their catcher is a piece of work! Plum ass and all! … ChristinaDave’s wedding was great! Food wise, best meal of the year. Hands down! I should also mention a funny quote from that night: we were getting ready to take a group picture so we needed someone to take the pic. Someone hands Christina, the bride, a camera. One of her friends in disgust and confusion asks "Why are *YOU* taking the picture?" Hahahha!

July
My Panthers v Shaun’s Megabytes. A lot of talking the talk from his team, but not enough walking the walk. We touch them up 16 – 6. Better luck next time, bitches! … Sara and The Doochd get married… allegedly … Cathy gets pregnant… allegedly … The third year TeamID submits a team into The United Way’s Great neighbourhood Race. I take over as team captain this year and we get shamed up by The Natty’s team. How embarrassing. But hey, at least I get to hang out with my good friend Nalini! It's been a while since we've been able to chill … After lining up for days and nights, Chris gets his condo! … Cassie’s Me & U video is debuted. >faints<

August
Got my Jacob watch. Bitches start tripping over themselves trying to get on my shine! … I got my white water rafting. Looking back, it’s one of the funnest things I did last year. Now all I need is some friends to come with me so I don’t look like a big loner … We get our grubby hands on one of the hottest tickets of the year: Dave Chappelle at Masey Hall! … Cleveland Rocks! Kinda. … No Kelso picnic this year. Thanks for nothing Ruby. Oh punk!

September
Chin v Cathy: The Bet. If Cathy gives up eating sugar (cookies, cakes, candies, ice cream etc etc etc) for the rest of the year, then I have to give up all of my precious shoes for three months or so. Who wins? No one! Due to health concerns, Cathy’s coworker begs me to call off the bet. I breath a sigh of relief … “So you like Pharcyde and A Tribe Called Quest?” © EuroTourmate, 2001. Fucking right I do! ATCQ come by for their Toronto tour stop. I don’t think I’ve ever squealed before that night - and I squealed a lot! Zulu Nation!!! … Speed Dating 2. Got more matches and actually went for a follow up date. Why’d I go? Fuck do I know?! What I do know is I wasn't impressed at all. She was alright I guess... if you like boring people... and flat asses... and someone who keeps talking about their ex ... T-Dot ArtNerds (and ArtNerdWannaBes like moi) experience Nuit Blanche. Who knew outdoor art at 3am could be fun? Me, that’s who!

October
I made a terrific Halloween costume which was wasted on a bunch of dummies. >sigh< … TeamID tradition continues with our trip the ChiCity, The City of Wind. I’m blessed as the Duke of Rosemont. Why? Because I don’t eat garbage for dinner, that’s why! I wouldn't even wish my worst enemy to eat at Steak&Shake! … MarvinHeathers wedding exposes Shaun for the younger-sister hunter that he is. >hides Beth’s cell number< … Lay offs at work. Shits crazy. Morale is low. But I’m still there. Yay!


November
Manny Pacquiao had his third fight against Erik Morales. Since it was pre-empted, the main event didn’t start until 4:30 in the morning. 4:30! 4:30!!! … Al sets up the TeamIDWiki. A constant work in progress, but can we keep it up? … Had my 10 year high school reunion. It was nice to see a few people who I haven’t seen in a while, but everyone else who was there I see on the regular anyways … my attempt to grow my hair was ‘cut short’. Get it? “Cut.” “Short.” Hahahaha, uuggghhhh …

December
Chris moves into his place. Lucky for him, his boxes weren’t “decorated”. The purple anal toy that he was supposed to pass on remains missing … John begins his “Blog of the Year” campaign push and reinforces Cathy’s “mysterious” description of him … TeamID Xmas Dinner includes the very first TeamID awards. Congratulations to all winners and ai, get your fucking awards out of my house!


Also mentionable: 2K6 was the year TeamID joined the DS cult. 6 out of 7 TeamID members is a proud owner of a DS! ...
new sub group: The Wedding Pact. Sure we all want to get married, but in four years? Son, that's too much pressure! ... I'll be stepping up my prank game. Both at work and at home, so all of you have been warned! ... My broke as bike: stupid thing! I might have to hit up some police auction to pick up a new ride. The one i got is getting me upset...

All in all, another great year!
Looking real forward to 2K7!

Peace 2K6!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lil Lex said...

This post rocks. Thanks Chin!

1/02/2007 07:19:00 a.m.  
Blogger OhPunk! said...

That's some good stuff!

"G-UNIT!!!!"

1/02/2007 08:31:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home