Tuesday, May 03, 2005

It’s All Down From Here…

by chinwhat at 8:42 p.m.
Sunday marked the Yonge Street 10K run. AI was supposed to run with us but he conveniently couldn’t come. I tried getting a hold of him via every imaginable way: email, phone, cell, crackberry etc. I mean, if you can’t get a hold of someone, what’s the point of having all that wireless stuff if you can’t use it? Might as well be stubborn like me and go cellfree! Anyways, as for the race, the weather called for rain, but it was the most PERFECT running weather! Nice and sunny! As for the course, it was pretty easy. Downhill all the way. Sure Chris’ and my time sucked, but it was pretty good considering we were both pretty broken. (Chris with a broken ankle and suffering from Heavy Arm Syndrom, and me with a collapsed lung) It was also cool running and noting the landmarks all up and down Yonge. The Brass Rail, Big Slice Pizza, the Eaton Centre, that Starbucks where the cop ran over that guy with the knife and pinned him between the cruiser and the bike rack, etc etc. AND they had island music all throughout the course. Steel Pan! Soca! Raggae! Personally, this is my favorite race I’ve done so far. I think it was Al who suggested that we use this as our annual TeamID race replacing the Spring 8K Run Off, but I’d have to vote no. I’m a sucker for tradition. Plus I think I’d miss the enjoyable run that this was.

Anywho, can’t wait for the Nike Centre Island 10K. There’s a tonne of propaganda all over the place. And yknow what? I’ll bite. COOKSVILLE MASSIVE REPRESENT!!! On the 10:30 ferry with Chris, bitches!

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

COOKSVILLE MASSIVE! / broken 26 year olds

5/04/2005 10:38:00 a.m.  
Blogger Rubex Cube said...

Crap I need to sign up for this one as well! Darn it and get back into running shape as in soon cause the freaking Missisauga Marathon 10k is on the 14th wish me luck :D

Soo funny I thought you were talking about me selling you out at the beginning till I read he! OP!

5/04/2005 01:15:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home