Thursday, April 07, 2005

Big Trouble Chin Little China

by chinwhat at 9:45 p.m.
Today at work, I had lunch in the cafeteria. This is the first time I’ve done this since starting work. I normally take a ten minute walk to the RBC building and enjoy the view there. And by view, I mean the Shaun approved hot office chicks. “Page 3” Yknowwhati’msayin??? (BTW, I saw Sandy C. from high school there. Anyone remember her? She has a big ass now. I guess Cathy’s theory still holds true!) As I lined up to use the microwave, I realized that I had no where to sit! Everyone there had their own crew to sit with. The mechanics with the mechanics. The chemists with the chemists. The sales pigs with the sales pigs at the trough. (Where’s my IT heads you might ask? Doing their own thing! Such anti social behavior!) Anyways, I’m standing by the microwave trying to figure out its preprogrammed timing/power level. And I’m also attempting to not look awkward as I scan the room for an open seat at a single table. Dang, no single tables… The only open table where I can sit down without invading some other crew is a large ten seater. So I grab my hot lunch from the microwave and make my way towards the end of the table. I thought to myself that just maybe some other young, cool, fun employees will sit with me. It could happen, right? There’s a bunch of cool looking people who work here, so… maybe? As I sat there by myself, I surveyed the room. And then it hit me like a tonne of bricks. There are a whole shit load of Chinese people here. I always knew there were some, but not as many as I witnessed! Then at the other end of my table a couple Chinese people sat down for lunch… then their friend… then a couple more and a couple more. Next thing I know, I’m sitting at a table with a whole bunch of Cantonese speaking, rice eating, tea drinking, probably laughing at me, Chinese people! It seemed like a comical situation to me, so I just sat there with a dumb grin on my face. A mini China town with me, sitting in the middle of it…

1 Comments:

Blogger Rubex Cube said...

Damn I always knew that you looked Chinese but hehe

Wow I hate having to figure out where to sit in a caf when you are by your lonesome

4/08/2005 07:22:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home