Thursday, April 28, 2005

Sneaker Pimp

by chinwhat at 6:24 p.m.
I think I hate my shoes. No, not my nice runners, but the crappy generic black ones I have to wear to work everyday. From Monday to Thursday, that’s pretty much all I wear. Not only do they look generic, but I have to wear them often. The more often I wear them, the less I care about them. And the less I care, more worn out they get. The more worn out they get, the more like a bum I look. I can’t look like a bum right?? Even if the rest of my outfit is on point and I got bummy shoes, I’m still a bum! Whereas if I got nice shoes and okay gear, then I’m still good! Anyways, my ass can’t wait until Friday. Not only because the weekend-eve, but it’s also ‘dress down day.’ If only they didn’t tighten the leash on civies, I’d be rocking my crisp superstars or diesel daves >brushes off dirt from the shell toes< Which got me thinking: if they let me wear whatever I wanted, then I’d work even better! (waits for jon to mention statistics on how productivity goes down during dress down days. “I read it on the internet!” says jon…) I figure it like this: I’d want to show off all my shoes so then I’d have to always be running around and such. Out and about. Meeting and greeting! “Oh these, naw, they’re not new.” “What do you mean another pair of shoes? I don’t have THAT many!” etc etc etc.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rubex Cube said...

Ahh man I totally hear you buddy, HOT DAMN I have soo many shoes it is insane but like you said I only wear a few during the week and most of them are dressy and stuff! Ok I'm not going to even count how many boots, runners, sandles, heels, flip flops, yada and yada I have! I wish I could wear jeans and zip ups all week and not dress clothes, I guess that is my version of improving productivity! :)

4/29/2005 12:56:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home