Tuesday, April 26, 2005

“Death To America!”

by chinwhat at 9:04 p.m.
Is what I heard at my Muslim friends wedding. Or at least that’s what I was expecting… Alright, I wasn’t expecting that, but I thought that I wished that they’d consider saying that. Anyways, here some random stuff that happened which I feel necessary to mention:

- Not having to worry if the food is pork free (or “halal” as the call it) is nice!
- Every wedding needs spinach pies! I’ve officially decided that it’s not a wedding without one!
- Having no akahol at a wedding is really… sobering…
- The groom posing with a big ass sword (some sort of wedding symbol or something) is fucking boss!
- In my life, I’ve now seen the two Palestinian women (that I know of) and I’m going to Palestine. I don’t know how they do it there, but they’re on something beautiful!!!
- The ritual where the bride and groom spit milk in each others face is pretty interesting!
- But what’s not is having some old random guy try to explain it to me half assly. When asked what they’re doing, he answers “Oh, its some custom where they spit milk in each others face. It’s a sign of… of… uh, yknow…” No, no I don’t sir.
- Men kissing each other on the cheek seems pretty homoerotic… yet at the same time, it doesn’t…
- …As does dancing while holding more men’s hands…. Yet it doesn’t as well…
- But the dancing is fun. If I’m not doing some sort of crip walk type hop & slide, then I’m just clapping my hands along with everyone else. Even white people can get down at these weddings!

So I had a pretty good time. Can’t wait to go to some more non-Christian/standard weddings!

1 Comments:

Blogger Rubex Cube said...

Wow that is neat, different from our weddings for sure! That whole spitting in the face is mighty interesting indeed, glad you enjoyed :)

4/27/2005 12:48:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home