Wednesday, May 04, 2005

It’s All Down From Here… Part 2

by chinwhat at 6:24 p.m.
So on Monday morning when I get into work, I go see our security guy Tony about some random print stuff. He’s a runner – like a REAL runner. Running shorts, funny looking shades, running shirt that doesn’t chafe the nipples (Unlike mine. Geez, they’re still so sensitive!) – and we generically talk about the weekend. He asks about how the Yonge Street 10k went since I mentioned it the previous week. I knew I’d get punked at our time (official: 1:14:56.5) but I said it anyways: “Oh, about an hour and ten or fifteen minutes” GAT DAMN you should’ve seen the look on his face! For a split second, he did the “get the fuck out of here” look mixed with that head pull back thing that chickens do. It’s that same look you’d give me if I told you that I joined the army >fog horn sound< That look! He did that for an instance until he realized that I wasn’t bullshitting. Then he gave a smile that was about 10% smirk and 90% pity but 100% funny!

I had to defend my/ourselves by reminding Tony that he’s a real runner and “you could probably do 10k in half an hour…”

“Well, at 10k, I’m at about thirty three, thirty four minutes”

“Oh, well we weren’t feeling to good. My friend had a bum ankle and I had these weird cramps…”

After half laughing some more, Tony finally says: “Well, at least you went out and did it”

Touché Tony, touché!

1 Comments:

Blogger Rubex Cube said...

Dis guy getting punked by a real runner! heheh Funny story though! :D

5/05/2005 08:20:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home