Wednesday, February 23, 2005

1337

by chinwhat at 1:30 p.m.
Chris forwarded this link to me. It's a link on "computer slang" Funny because we both agreed that 1) we learned something new and 2) that means we're getting old! Anyways, here are two of my favorite "1337" articles.

The first one was from the message boards of ign.com. I find these kids soooooooooo funny!
My friend and I were passing l33t notes back and forth in spanish class and our teacher caught us and was like "im gonna read this to the entire class" and stopped and was like "are you two writing in tounges?"


This one was fwd'd to my by a classmate a few years ago. I know Chris, Al, Jon and Paul get this!
Warning: Your friends back home may not be 1337

So, this winter break, I was back home with my friends. They were watching this show called "Repo Men: Stealing for a living." The show follows around a bunch of repo men as they try to steal things back from redneck deadbeats. Hilarity ensues.

Anyway, on the show, one guy broke into a truck, and drove off, silent as the wind. No one was the wiser. I blurted out, "Wow, that is so leet."

The room went silent as all my Penetang friends turned to face me. Their gaze indicated I had said something that was foreign to them. "What the hell does 'leet' mean?", one of them asked.

Now, I pose the question, dear reader, how would you explain this in fifteen words or less? Leet is getting and beating a videogame before it's even out in stores. Leet is writing a Win32 app in pure ASM. Leet is setting up a LAN in your tiny, tiny residence room. Leet is breadboarding a circuit from raw electrical components, and then controlling that circuit via your parallel port. 1337 15 831|\|9 4b13 70 234(| \/\/13r(| (24p |1|<3 7|-|15. Leet is never getting caught. Ever.

How do I explain this to people who know of none of these things? I told them to forget it, they called me a geek, and we all moved on with our lives.

I'll end with a quote to remind you that humour with your friends at home may differ from humour in the Math Building:
Guy: All the A&W buildings look the same...it's almost as if they're built in a central location.
Me: Yeah, and then they warp them in...like the Protoss.
[Silence]
Me: See, In Waterloo, that would have been funny.


WAR nerds

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I get it!

2/23/2005 05:07:00 p.m.  
Blogger Rubex Cube said...

LOL I have no clue but your still a big fat geek :P

2/24/2005 01:29:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home