Thursday, November 02, 2006

Testing, Testing, One, Two, Three

by chinwhat at 10:01 p.m.
(Disclaimer: Since Rahkee has yet to email me her pics >glares in Rahkee’s direction< this post will be lacking the visuals, but will have extra The Rahk stories!)




This past Saturday, Ruby, Rahkee and myself headed out to the airport to volunteer for an operations test at Terminal 1. They needed a bunch of people to simulate a busy day at Pearson and it kinda sounded like fun so, why not, right?

The call was for 9:00am sharp, but since Rahkee was running on traditional BrownTime, we were technically late. Ah BrownTime…


When we arrived, we were handed a folder which had a script, boarding pass and US Citizenship card. I was G. Walltest heading to beautiful Vienna, USA. USA! USA! USA!






After a little speech we headed off to where we needed to go… which was a line with a LOT of waiting around. I think it made Rahkee really cranky. While Ruby went to get her pretend luggage, I went with Rahk’s to go see if they had anymore muffins – we missed the initial batch – which were down at the end of the hall. On our way there, she noted that people were walking away with two or three muffins… when we got there, surprise surprise, the boxes were empty. Was Rahkee heated? Damn straight! “THOSE PEOPLE HAD TWO!!! THEY’RE SO SELFISH!!!” Rejected, we headed back to the luggage meeting area. But on our way back, we crossed paths with someone who was taking more muffins to the table. She wouldn’t give us any food there. She said she would’ve been mobbed – which is true… now, I’m bigger than Rahkee, but it took ALL my strength to hold her back from basically assaulting that poor catering employee. The Rahk was ready to straight jack her for her muffins! Easy Rhakee. Easy! (see how mad she looks in the picture?)


We wound up waiting in the luggage check-in line for about an hour. It was kinda cool. Talked to some AirCadet kids (who were all Chinese. It didn’t make sense until we found out that they were from Markham. “Ah, now I get it!”) and some more people in line. A lot of people seemed pretty happy… but a lot of people were also pissed. Why? Not sure. Probably because they suck. I mean, we’re volunteering to help with their crowd flow, yet there are folks who’re mad because stuff is taking long? Hello, McFly, that’s the fucking point!


Finally we get into the BRAND NEW part of Terminal 1 which no one’s been before (bragging rights!) and I noticed that they didn’t have any shops. No food or book stores. Interesting… (btw, I'd have a wicked picture posted of me doing my ODB impression on the escalator, but *SOMEONE* didn't send me her pictures yet >shakes head<)



Funny, this picture is of me trying to run game on a lady we met. Obviously my lines were trash, as evident by her reaction. Hahahhaa






Oh, and one thing I recommended: dividers between the urinals in the Men’s washroom. So if you’re a guy and use the washroom and notice they installed dividers, you owe me a Coke! Three and a half hours of doing a lot of nothing, and we cash in on a $10 certificate to Tim Horton's. Yes!

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

hehe that was good times...are you signed up for the mock international one for January...yes are big airport geeks! hahah Brown times oh and you spelt Rakhee's name wrong it is THE ROCK!

11/02/2006 10:59:00 p.m.  
Blogger chinwhat said...

how can it NOT be The Rahk if her full name is "Rahkee?"

11/03/2006 07:41:00 a.m.  
Blogger OhPunk! said...

Honestly, i"d be soooooooooo mad waiting in the lines there!

F'real.

11/04/2006 11:19:00 a.m.  
Blogger Rubex Cube said...

Ah hem did you ask the Rock for permission to use these pics...

11/04/2006 06:14:00 p.m.  
Blogger Lil Lex said...

sounds like a job for the nintendo ds lite

11/05/2006 10:38:00 a.m.  
Blogger OhPunk! said...

I think I may buy a DS at some point -- just to school ya'lls...

11/05/2006 01:21:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home