Thursday, October 19, 2006

Let Me Talk to You/My Love

by chinwhat at 10:15 p.m.
Okay, I could lie (which hardly never do) and say that I was casually watching Justin Tiberlake’s new video a couple of times but hey, that wouldn’t be true. In actuality, I’ve been studying it! Over and over and over again*. Shit is mad fiyah! The dancing is hot! I like the little MJ tributes they have in there (even a little move from David Elsewhere - more below). The part where he’s ripping off the video ho’s stalkings is also hot, but in an unnecessary way. Also, the “My loooooove” dance is funny. If you look at them from the waist up, it looks like they’re tap dancing… which is what they’re trying to make it look like, right?? The CG is pretty useless. The song itself is alright at best. Chorus is ass. Beat is hot. Lyrics would be good except for the one line that doesn’t fit: "If I called you beautiful, would you date me on the regular?" Uh, what? The rest of the song has normal R&B lyrics, but this one had that little “twang” in it to keep his street cred on the level. Gah? Exactly! And TI was >meh< Anyways, overall it’s a good video. Good enough for me to practice practice practice (in my room) until I get the routine down.



*But no where near as many times I’ve watched that robot dance competition video starring David “Elsewhere” Bernal. The total would be countless times, I think. Countless! I’ve watched that clip so many times, but I *STILL* for the life of me, can’t figure out how he does the strobe light effect. Remember when he was in You Got Served? Oh snap, son! He was also in this VW commercial which overall, is really fucking good.

1 Comments:

Blogger OhPunk! said...

You know the orange guy is like a complete nerd and practiced that shit in his room! But.. but.. he must've been the man after that...

he'd make mad money as a street performer..

10/19/2006 11:06:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home