Thursday, April 06, 2006

Race Relations Pt. 1

by chinwhat at 9:42 p.m.

In honor of the 4th Annual TeamID Race on Saturday, I decided to blog about one of my favorite things that is 1) near and dear to my heart, and 2) fun things to observe at work: interracial coupling/transplantation.

Doing the job I do – Professional Punching Bag – I have the luxury of visiting peoples work stations and getting to know a bit of their private lives through personal mementos at their desks. Pictures of their pets. Pictures of their friends. And pictures of some of their ugly kids. One thing I really get a kick out of is, when I see a small picture of their boy/girlfriend, wife or husband and they’re a different race than they are!

“What? This white guy has a black wife? Reversed out JungleFever?!?! Nooooooooo way!”

“Oh snap! This Chinese brother is married to a brownie and his daughter is HOT!??? Damn, Son!”

“Japanese folks get down and/or kicking it in Peru?!” (btw, there’s a strong representation of these folks at my place of employment! Nice!)

Finding out things like this really make my day! Why? I have no idea. But what I do know, is there’s this white lady upstairs who has a Chinese bf. She’s not my flavor at all, yet I can’t help but give props due to the fact that she’s down with the AsianPersuasion! My Good Morning’s to her have that little extra twinkle!

Anyways, we all know mixed kids are all good looking, but my sister had this excellent observation: pretty much all half Chinese, half white males, look the same. It’s true, think about it…

Supplementary reading: 10 Most Prevalent Interracial Relationships

WAR coloured yet colourless love
WAR cablinasian
WAR one big mud race

1 Comments:

Blogger Rubex Cube said...

That article is soo funny, and your right about that odd coupling thingy. At work we have some odd ball mixes and you look at the people you work with and go "wtf" anywho neat observations Chin!

Crappy running event, I'm still sitting on the fence with this one!

4/07/2006 08:42:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home