Thursday, August 18, 2005

PULLLLLLLLLLLLLLL UUUUUUUUUUUUUUP!!!

by chinwhat at 10:11 p.m.
Ever since I went to that soca jam during Caribana, I can’t get enough! It was one of the greatest experiences I’ve ever had! Everyone was there for a good time and each person had a big smile on their faces! Even the one fight I saw was quickly broken up by a bunch of people! The whole crowd was jumping up and down together, waving their flags and rags in the air, running left to right at the same time… it was awesome! I’d have to co-sign my sister’s comment “this is like, the most fun I’ve had at a club…EVER!!” Now, I find my self trolling through various West Indian sites and listening to socapulse.com!

Here are some reasons why:
- It’s easy to dance to. All you do is jump up and down, wave a towel or flag, or if it’s this song, you splash water on everyone!
- The accents pwn1 - MASH IT UP
- Wine!!
- Non-violent, happy and positive party music? Yes please!
- Driving becomes much more exciting!
- I get closer to my goal of having a nice ass since I always seem to flex my glutes when I’m sitting down and tuning into my soca jams.
- The food from which Soca music comes from does not suck!

Me loving Soca is on some magical, cosmic vibe! Today, I slept in and was running an hour late (whoops). And on Thursday mornings, I listen to Court Jester who usually plays Soca exactly at the time I drive in. But not today! Today he switched it up and played Reggae during the Soca time, and Soca during the Reggae time… which happened to be when I was driving into work today! How’s that for a coincidence??!

Right now, this is my favorite Soca song (say it with an accent): Shurwayne Winchester – Dead or Alive

WAR Soca4Life
WAR ties and short sleeve shirts
WAR props

2 Comments:

Blogger Lil Lex said...

"Chin, you actually like this stuff?"
© Shaun Sequeira

8/19/2005 09:30:00 a.m.  
Blogger Rubex Cube said...

LOL once you go brown you can't turn around! LOL I just made that up! Ghetto Rubes!

8/19/2005 05:09:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home