Wednesday, August 17, 2005

"(She was just) Seventeen, if you know what I mean!" © The Beatles

by chinwhat at 10:20 p.m.
Last week, the RainManTwins and I (COOKSVILLE MASSIVE REPRESENT!!!) took in a speed dating event in Toronto. Simpledate(.com) was the orginzer, and since I heard it was fun, only $30 and wasn’t doing anything important on a Wednesday night, I figured ‘why not, who knows…” To start off, it didn’t help we got pseudo caught in the rain. Brown paranoia of smelling like wet dog began to penetrate my brain. (Memo to Shaun: consider wearing an undershirt. Your see through shirt – when it’s wet – ain’t kosher. You got dark ass nipples, yo!) When we get there, and quite frankly, I was mad disappointed! (Personal theme of the night: me failing to follow my own mantra: “No expectations means no disappointments”) Lots of women who were NOT my type: older and larger. We mulled awhile by the bar until it started. Thankfully, some *HOT* Chinese gals came to the event! (“Not Mu-shu. Mu-shu! I want to see some women. Now stop playing dumb and show me the shu” © Chin as Christ Tucker as Det. James Carter in Rush Hour 2) I really wasn’t sure what to expect, but it was pretty… well, I’d like to say ‘fun,’ but that’s to strong… I’ll say that it was un-notfun. After two hours and seventeen five minute dates later, it’s all a blur. Most conversations were pretty good. Some were really interesting, and maybe one or two were straight up awkward (“uh…. Yeah…. So……. >cough<” and that was her! Laugh!) I didn’t do as well as I’d like (too much arrogance from work) but maybe next time… They have a couple of events that seem cool (brown night, yellow night, and vball @ the d-docks!) so we’ll see… One thing that pseudo bothered me was when some dates asked me straight up 1) how old I was. WTF? Just because *THEY’RE* too old for me doesn’t mean that they get to ask such questions. And 2) what I did – job wise. I find this really rude. Might as well ask me to pull my joint out so they can tell me it’s too small. It’s pretty much the same thing! They need to step their etiquette game up!

WAR “Tron loves the tittays”
WAR “You’re girlfriend’s a doctor?” “Fucking right she’s a doctor!”
WAR “This is how I’m living… in the citaaaaaaaay”

2 Comments:

Blogger Lil Lex said...

Women need to know your job. If you ain't getting paid, you ain't getting laid...

8/18/2005 07:31:00 a.m.  
Blogger Rubex Cube said...

So any hook ups? Do tell! I think I might try one of these out....

8/18/2005 10:35:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home