Monday, July 11, 2005

B+ for C Lounge

by chinwhat at 10:16 p.m.
Went to CLounge on Friday night to celebrate my uncle Alan Houston’s big 34th. I knew that Shaun and Chris went there, so I asked them how it was. Shaun said it was “alright” which got confirmation from Chris. So I wasn’t really expecting much. No expectations, no disappointments… and boy, there sure wasn’t! What I noticed first waiting in line was 1) the number of browns in line (as mentioned by Shaun) and 2) the number of females who were there for a bachlorette party. After getting in free (WAR guest list), the first thing me and my sister did was hit the patio. (In ai architecture vernacular:) It was beautiful! Dark stained wood deck. Nice pool in the middle. Great lines. Soft beds and chairs for lounging. Wonderful weather. What else could you want in a patio?! Drinks were $6 but it’s a price I can accept due to the “high classness” of it all. In fact, my sister made an amusing observation: “You can tell it’s a high class place when they don’t pat you down” laugh, such ghettoness! Anyways, after it got a bit chilly, we alls went inside. The next big observation that hit me was that the guy to girl ratio was an easy one to one! I’ve never been to a club/lounge where I’ve seen that! Nice mixed crowd, lots of Chinese girls. Unisex washroom was nice too! My only real beef was the pure shittyness of the “DJ.” Come on dog, you’re 1) not mixing/blending the songs, 2) letting them play waaaaaaaaay to long, 3) have a wack set list! The personification of wackness! Other than that, I endorse this joint.


Oh, and if I’ve said it once, I’ve said it a dozen times: I love dancing next to white people. Ya’lls ain’t helping the stereotype!

1 Comments:

Blogger Rubex Cube said...

Interesting, funny thing is that a bunch of us tried to get in there a couple of weekends ago and it was a no go, maybe cause the group was soo huge, maybe cause it was past a certain time, maybe cause the bouncers were jerks and just asking us to wait around cause it was full yada yada, oh well they just lost like over 1 G in money from all of hotties! Till next time.....

7/12/2005 08:24:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home