Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Cruise Control

by chinwhat at 9:45 p.m.
I know the hate on Tommy Cruise has been on for a minute now, but I like the guy. MI was on the other night, and I liked it. I liked Top Gun and Risky Business. Enjoyed Rain Man and Jerry McGuire. But really, what tops this:

Since Scientology, in the popular imagination, is such a loaded word -- often associated with heavy-handed recruitment tactics, strong-arm-lawyer assaults and steep membership and course fees -- one would think that Cruise wouldn't be so willing to take a journalist through that world.

"Who are those people that say those things?" Cruise asks when I bring it up over lunch one day. "Because I promise you, it isn't everybody. But I look at those people and I say, 'Bring it. I'm a Scientologist, man. What do you want to know?' I don't mind answering questions."

He lists some of Scientology's selling points: its drug-abuse, prison-rehabilitation and education programs. "Some people, well, if they don't like Scientology, well, then, fuck you." He rises from the table. "Really." He points an angry finger at the imaginary enemy. "Fuck you." His face reddens. "Period."





(btw, this picture is really funny if you view it in FireFox. It's animated extra fast! Laugh x1,000,000)

1 Comments:

Blogger Rubex Cube said...

Urggg he irks me soo much, heard he was gay and that this is just a cover up because he is one of Hollywood's biggest players! Heard that there was apparently a list of girls they wanted him to hoook up with and stuff and soo they went down the list and the other refused and Katie won out haha blah! Who cares really

7/22/2005 12:40:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home