Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Work and Play

by chinwhat at 9:07 p.m.
So I’m at work and some guy from upstairs (who’s apparently an asshole) comes up to me and says “I just called the help desk about an email issue. Was I speaking to you?”
“uhm, no…”

Turns out he spoke to my coworker.
My Chinese coworker.
My Chinese coworker who has an accent.
My Chinese coworker who has an accent and is a female.

WTF?!?

And as a reply to the emails sent out on Tuesday re: summer students. We got a bunch to who are also ‘sick’ but that’s ‘sick’ as in ‘Ron Sikma’ “You know what I’m sayin!? YouknowwhatI’msayin!? Youknow…” © Will Smith as the Fresh Prince. Part of me sometimes thinks “you really shouldn’t be wearing that. It’s not very ‘professional’” Then my heterosexual side kicked in and said “Fucking Chin, what are you? A fag? Let them bitches wear (or NOT wear) whatever they want!”

In an attempt to make more work friends:
• On Monday I went out and played some basketball with some coworkers. One of the managers in one of the labs asked if I wanted to come out. “Sure!” was my reply. So what could you expect playing 30+year old chemistry nerds? Exactly what you imagine.

• Kinda signed up for the corporate beer league. They play once a week versus other companies in our area. Never played softball before, but it looks pretty weak. I mean, how can you NOT mash the fuck out of that meat ball being tossed at you at 0.34 km/h??

3 Comments:

Blogger Rubex Cube said...

LOL female eh, damn Chin what kind of sissy voice do you have at work? You know what is funny, is when people "turn on" their professional voices at work and act all mature and stuff, I say screw that, be who you are and be proud! Wicked I signed up for the Bay street rat race, apparently they are trying to gather 8 people to run in from our office of freaking 300, damn yo, someone come out, funny thing was that I was the first to respond to the calling out!

5/11/2005 08:12:00 a.m.  
Blogger chinwhat said...

bay street rat race is pretty easy.
once you get to half way, its all down hill from there... literally

5/11/2005 08:16:00 p.m.  
Blogger Rubex Cube said...

Supercool I wonder if we will create costumes for our company and stuff! :)

5/12/2005 08:36:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home