Thursday, November 16, 2006

Finishes Last

by chinwhat at 9:46 p.m.
I’ve been at my current place of employment for over a year and a half now and like most slugs, I speak to a lot of people often, yet never meet them in person. Today, I met one of those people. She works out of our Niagara & Burlington offices. She takes care of the computer stuff on that end and she’s pretty much been with the company since it started. I had an idea what she was like – heard through the grape vine – but didn’t know she’d come through the way she did.

My director brought her in and visited my co-workers at one of the cubicles. I heard them come in so I step up to say ‘hi’. Eventually my boss comes by as well and my whole department is there. Everyone’s chit chatting away and then she starts commenting on our office. She breaks out this little gem:

“Chris*, you’re too nice” >makes the phone shape out her hand and places it next to her ear. Then in mocking voice< “TRO Help Desk, Chris speaking”

Everyone starts laughing. WTF!

Really, what can I say to that? "What's up vanilla face??" I can’t drop any smack on her because she’s been there as long as our VP. Our director is there. My boss is there. My two co-workers who have more seniority were there. And they were all laughing. All I could do was shake my head… >sigh< (but i found it funny, still)


*Chris is what they call me at work!

1 Comments:

Blogger OhPunk! said...

Great post CHRIS!

11/17/2006 01:31:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home