Thursday, September 21, 2006

Chop Chop Chop

by chinwhat at 9:46 p.m.
Do a search on The Globe and Mail along with the name of my current employer and you’ll see things are not good. Not good at all! Ever since the news broke out, it’s been the daily topic for the past two weeks by water coolers. I’ve been trying to see what people know, but there’s been no ‘news’ from anyone, specially from those at the top, which really sucks. In a leadership position, at the very least, the heads should be acknowledging what’s being written. Nothing’s worse than not knowing. The shit has been grinding on me. Thankfully I’m full time and working at one of our company's sites that makes money. The chances that I get laid off are slim, I figure. But then again, what do I know? I'm a lowly IT drone. What am i a doctor?

Ever since I wanted to leave, I pretty much knew what my ‘farewell’ email would entail. But with the recent news, I’ve already got a copy of that ready in my Drafts folder as well as a couple hard copy notes ready for the interoffice mail to be sent! Hey, you never know: "Chin, you’ve got five minutes to get your personal belongings" As the WuTang say “if you fail to prepare, prepare to fail” I've got my finger on the trigger!*

But I also think it’d be funny – in a tragic way – if we were shut down as a company. Like a security firm would have to come in and close everything off. If I got word of that happening just before shit hit the fan, and I knew I wouldn’t be getting my next pay check – yo, I’m gonna go straight up ransack the place! LCD monitors, new laptops, toner (which I presume I could sell to some other company), blank CDs, DVDs psh, anything I could carry! Keyboards, mice, desktops, markers, blank paper, Polycom phones… laugh, it doesn't matter! Anything and everything! Just thinking about me trying to move all the goods from work to AcuraNation makes me laugh…

In theory, I think I’m good. But shit’s still weighing heavy on my mind. I really don’t need this. Got enough crap to think about… :S x 1,000,000!


*shiiiiiiiit, i remember when i first saw this on RapCity, it was the baddest video!

2 Comments:

Blogger OhPunk! said...

Don't worry son. I'm gonna win the lottery, and I'll hire you for my company inside the PHH building.

FUCKING PHH FOR LIFE

** Shaun **
My awesome blog: ohpunk.blogspot.com

-

9/22/2006 01:24:00 a.m.  
Blogger Lil Lex said...

you already won the lottery. Cash for Life. Look at Chin, he needs that $250 a week! Hook him up already!

9/22/2006 07:26:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home