Sunday, May 07, 2006

Wasted!

by chinwhat at 4:59 p.m.
When the company I currently work for used to be small, they occasionally held trivia nights after work held a local watering hole. Although the draw isn’t as big as it used to be, old schoolers continue the tradition. Last Thursday, they held the first session for the year and I decided to get in on it. It was I and some other of the young guns as a group and unfortunately, our youth was our weakness. There were some questions that were pretty old school that I don’t think we would’ve known them unless we studied in advance for them.

But that doesn’t excuse the brick of an answer I had for this question: “How high is a basketball rim?” My answer? Nine feet. D’oh! What good am I if I can’t get that!? Waste!

Although, I should’ve made up for it with this witty answer to: “Who was the AK-47 named after?” – which was “Andrei Kirilenko” – I didn’t. All I got after dropping that bomb was >cricket< >cricket<. Son, that's a 'good times' answer! Sigh… what a waste!

All in all, it was pretty fun despite coming in second last, and us going zero for four in potential door prize drawings. Damn, we need a ringer.

1 Comments:

Blogger OhPunk! said...

Y'all need me on that team son!

5/08/2006 01:38:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home