Thursday, May 19, 2005

20 Palettes of Death, kid!

by chinwhat at 6:35 p.m.
So I always considered myself to be a quick reacting person. (Not really, but yknow…) So yesterday, I’m walking in the warehouse with my crappy cart delivering a computer to some folks on the other side of our building. I’m walking my walk, minding my business, doing that “doo da do da dooo” that I do. As I walk half way across a bay door, I look to my left and notice a forklift coming straight at me loaded with twenty empty skids or so. I didn’t pull a ‘deer in the headlights,’ but then again, I didn’t exactly pull a ninja gaiden maneuver to avoid a death grizzly death neither. I just did a “uh…” and took three slow-ass steps backwards. If the driver didn’t see me in time, there would’ve been Chin mixed with computer chips and wooden splinters all over the warehouse floor. I’ve always imagined me avoiding an on coming car by first jumping on its hood, then on its roof, only to land safely as the vehicle passed by (a la Kaneda and that motorcycle in Akira) but now I know better: you remember in school, they had that ‘experiment’ where you’d have to pinch the ruler as it dropped between you fingers? I’d get 30+ centimeters.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rubex Cube said...

Holy smokes your soo slow with your reaction time! Hehe dont' worry little grasshopper I will teach you all the skills I obtain :)

5/20/2005 07:35:00 a.m.  
Blogger Chris said...

Like I said, if a tree starts falling on you, you aint running but standing there and trying to shield yourself from the tree. You know its true!

5/20/2005 10:49:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home