Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Those three words…

by chinwhat at 1:20 p.m.
Yeah, THOSE three words. The ones that mean so much yet are said so sparingly. One of the major things I wanted to do this year was say them to my parents and sister. (I don’t think I’ve ever told them in all of my years of existance) I’ve wanted to say this for about a year. A week or so ago, I was having some delicious delicious Pho at our friendly neighborhood Pho restaurant where I decided to say it to my sister. Now I wasn’t exactly sure what her reaction would’ve been, but I was sure she was going to punk me. Well, she didn’t*. It most definitely caught her off guard. She replied with a cautious “… okay…” to which I answered back: “Okay, now you have to say it” except since I know the way she is, I had to follow my request with: “… and mean it.” Ah sweeter words I’ll never hear! That night I told my mom. Her reaction with a smile on her face was “I know! You don’t have to tell me!” But I did. And I do. So those two were relatively “easy.” Next, my dad. Oy! Several times since last year, It’s always been “K, I’ll say it today, I’ll say it today” Flame out! So finally this morning, my dad’s in my room printing some stuff off the computer. He’s done and starts to make his way out… that’s when I drop it. His reply? “I know. You don't have to tell me.” Its funny cuz both my mom and my dad had the exact reply. And neither of them had an emotional reaction! It's almost as if they don't want to hear it (obviously not true, just... yknow...) Maybe that’s why I’m labeled as cold. Now looking back, it does seem kind of puss for me to chicken out like that for so long. But I must say, it feels pretty good to get it out. And ya’ll should too! I don’t know how often you get to drop that line, but you should. On your mom and your dad. Your brothers. Your sisters. If not for you, then for them. They’ll appreciate that!

*Yeah, I was in the washroom brushing my teeth later that night and I could hear my sister talking to her best friend on the phone punking me! Such punkage! Laugh…

1 Comments:

Blogger Rubex Cube said...

Ahh Chin that is soo cute, and really great of you to do! Trust me it is never to late to tell someone especially your family members that you love them! Soo funny when I was in India my mom would call me all the time to get updates on the trip and over the phone I told her that I missed her and loved her, she was soo totally caught off guard that she was like ahh love you too! Yeah I drop the three words to my bros once in a while also, well mostly telling my friends that I love my bros to death, never have told them up front, humm I will tell them soon though I think, after hearing about your adventure. I guess telling my dad that I love him will be a whole other issue. Dunno it's just different doing so, I mean close but not as tight as I would like us to be. Damn I just revealed my whole life there! ahh well what else is new!

WAR: Love Fest 2K5

1/12/2005 03:24:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home