Sunday, October 01, 2006

Sleepless Night

by chinwhat at 8:18 p.m.
Last night was Toronto’s first Nuit Blanche and I was excited to go! First off, we hit up Baldwin Street for some din din and to check out the neon lights in the buildings. They had cutesy sayings like "Be My Teddy Bear" and stuff. It was alright I guess…


Next we went into the AGO. The Andy Warhol exhibit cost extra money, but the room with stereo systems were free. They kept repeating stuff which reminded me of that free jazz track of The Beatles’ White album. “Number 9. Number 9. Number 9…” It was alright, but it wasn’t as nice as the free washroom tour. OP!


We walked down the block to OCAD. They had a really cool set up there. Free marbles game. Free giant chess game. And extra wacky twister. The person who was in charge was super hyper. I guess you’d need to be like that at 12:30 at night.



Before we lined up for the all ages dance thing, we headed towards a crowd where we heard chants of “Fight! Fight! Fight!” It turns out it was a pillow fight between two women. Comment I heard while ogling errrrrrrrrr watching, some lady said: “Yknow, this isn’t erotic. I’d figure it would be, but it really isn’t!” I for one would have to disagree miss.


Right after that, went to the gay penguin exhibit. It was a story of two gay penguins that were going through a divorce or something. It was held at a swimming pool and it was cool because they had movie clips throughout the facility… cool until we came to the shower area where they showed film some guy singing the next plot in the story in French opera style… naked… with close-ups of him soaping up his effing cock. Alison wanted to check this place out and now I know why.


After going through that, we lined up for the all ages party at the community centre. They had 10 year old djs there, but by the time we got in - sometime after 1:00 I think – they were already gone. Obviously, their parents weren’t as bad as I thought they’d be. What was I thinking that some mom and dad would let their 10 year old stay up until 7 am to DJ for a bunch of art kids??? At any rate, the place was sooooooooooooo crazy! See the pictures? See the balls? What do you think everyone was doing with those? Yup, everyone was throwing them at each other, at the disco balls, at the DJs, at the basketball nets… pretty much everywhere and everywhere. I think it was one of the coolest/funnest things I’ve ever experienced. I think we stayed until after 2:00! Mix in The Flaming Lips’ “Do You Realize?” in the background. (more philosophical bullshit analysis in an up coming post…)










Finally, we headed up to UofT’s Philosphper’s Walk to check out some mist. They flooded the area with some of that mist stuff you’d see in clubs and/or movies. It was cool walking through it except for the fact that it was muddy as the hell and my kicks got dirty.


All in all, a great time. Can’t wait for next year. Oh, and also, art chicks are sooooooo cute! Like whoa! “Oh, you like art too? Me too!”

1 Comments:

Blogger OhPunk! said...

Who would've thought so many people read the "Torontoist"

Aside from Alison...

** Shaun **
My awesome blog: ohpunk.blogspot.com

-

10/02/2006 10:40:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home