Sunday, April 01, 2007

MSO

by chinwhat at 10:37 p.m.
A couple weeks back, our HR department was raffling off some tickets to go see the Mississauga Symphony Orchestra play at The Living Arts Centre… and yes, I was thinking the same thing “Mississauga has a Symphony Orchestra???”

There were around 15 pairs of tickets up for grabs and I was told the odds of winning were really good. I later found out that only 18 people bought into the raffle - oh punk on the three people who didn’t win! Hahhahaha!

Anyways, we get there just in time for the show and I realize that HR really hooked me up personally with the seatage. They literally gave me the tickets that were front row, center! So close in fact, we could only see the front row of the violins, the, uh, medium sized violins and the giant, stand up violins. (I’m not a band nerd. I don’t need to know the difference between the different size violins! What am I? A violin doctor?)

I could pretend to say I knew what the fuck was going on, but I won’t. All I know is the first piece was dope (it was supposed to be a ‘dream’ type joint).

The second part had this Korean pianist who was alright. His face got all retarded at some points which was pretty funny – but I couldn’t bust out laughing… yknow? Some of my other co-workers could see his digits moving along the keys and they said shit was off the hook!

Finally, the last piece – well, that shit dragged on. My guest and I agreed that it went too long. Maybe it was cuz we were both rooks at this symphony thing, but a two hour show of folks playing instruments can be a bit hard to digest in one sitting… Would I go again? Maybe. For $5, I scored $90 worth of tickets. Can’t be mad at that…



Picture of the seats where the symphony sat… I’d take a picture of them actually playing, but I had too much shamity. I’m classless, but not *that* classless!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home