Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Fanboysim

by chinwhat at 8:45 p.m.

What? My favorite active musical group dropped not one, but two best of… /remixed /rare /unreleased albums? Done and done! And I mean ‘done!’ When news broke that there’d be a new Roots release, their message boards were electric! “What kind of album would it be?” “Which direction would they go?” “What’ll the theme be?” I couldn’t effing wait!! The weeks passed and we eventually learned what the track listing would be. But what also caught my attention was the mention of the liners! Their drummer promised mad stories for each track. And it came out to 20 pages… PER ALBUM! It felt like Christmas Eve last night. I could not wait to get my copies from my friendly neighbourhood retailer! I became the Mississauga version of Ralphie from “A Christmas Story” (but with prettier feet) after grabbing my two copies. Weeks of anticipation were over. Once I got home, I unwrapped the plastic and slowly opened up the CD lid which made that crack that only new CD jewel cases can make. >sniff< >sniff< Mmmmm, glossy finish! I removed the stubborn disk as gently as I could and placed it in my CD player. Pressed play, put that bitch on repeat, turned the lights off, lay down on my floor, let the vibes penetrate…

As Emirl says: "Happy happy!"

WAR music I love

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home