Sunday, September 03, 2006

@ Work: It All Started With a Little Yellow PostIt Note…

by chinwhat at 12:32 a.m.
A few months ago, I was expecting a delivery from Dell. After coming back from lunch, I noticed the box sitting at my desk. I opened it up and found a yellow sticky note inside that read “YOU SUCK”

"What the -" I said out loud. My co-worker pops in from his cubicle and starts laughing. I agreed, it was pretty funny. But I wanted revenge. I tacked the note up on my cube wall as a reminder and motivation. Waiting for the perfect time to get mine…

Last Friday, my co-worker took the day off and headed up north to some cottage or something. Usually, I’d be busy since I was solo, but that day was pretty slow. I got bored. So bored, I decided today would be that day. Basically, I tore down his whole setup: his new Dell GX520 computer (including his optical mouse and quiet touch keyboard), 17” LCD monitor and his fancy pants Nortel Vista 350.

It its place, some old IBM 128mbRAM computer with only a 3.5” disk drive, some randomly huge 15” CRT monitor, old school ball mouse that uses the DB-9 serial port(i couldn't believe we still had one of these in the back!), a dirty ass gel filled wrist wrest thing for the keyboard (shit was disgusting), a big ass Meridian phone that’s so old, it turned a nice shade of urine-yellow and finally, an old ass tractor feed dot matrix printer, complete with perforated tractor feed paper. I also changed his name plate to some ethnic girls’ name and found the oldest chair in the facility with so many stains; you’d think its leopard print (not pictured). What do you think?

It took me about an hour to get everything all hooked up and working. I showed off my handy work to anyone who’d listen and everyone seemed to appreciate the effort I put into it… except for my co-worker. I don’t think he was too impressed. So much so, I was a little paranoid he was mad come Monday morning. He was expecting me to put his old computer back – which I didn’t, hahaha.

He vowed revenge back. This past week, he took out half of the RAM from each of my two computers. I noticed them being slow, but I just blamed network/antivirus scanning ghettoness. Since I didn’t really complain, in a way, he conceited defeat and handed the RAM back (that’s right, bitch!).

He’s still planning something big, but that ain’t nothing compared to what I’m going to pull. If I can actually get it done, oh snap! I have a pretty good back up plan, too. But he’s not leaving for vacation until October or November. Until then, i'll keep staring at that little yellow note...

3 Comments:

Blogger Rubex Cube said...

classic punk....good work buddy

9/03/2006 02:30:00 p.m.  
Blogger Lil Lex said...

oh punk

9/03/2006 11:16:00 p.m.  
Blogger OhPunk! said...

Awesome..

on that note.. where the fuck is the other half of your blog??

9/04/2006 02:19:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home