Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Nalini and Me/Cruisin’

by chinwhat at 10:06 p.m.
So this is my new desktop background at work. Surprisingly, when I asked my co worker if he knew who she was, he said with a LOT of excitement “NALINI!!” That’s what’s up!

I’ve had a lot of time to look at this picture (read: all day) and y’know what? I can see it on her face, she’s just as excited to see me as I was to see her! I’m also guessing that’s the reason why we had to keep our distance from each other. Our mutual attraction was so great, we didn’t want anything bad to happen. She is married after all…


* * * * *



And the soundtrack I had playing in my head during this epic encounter was Cruisin’ by Smokey Robinson. I ***SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO*** <3 this song! D’Angelo does an excellent cover, too! (His live version from the Jazz Café in England is included in the .zip).

My favorite part is when D sings “and inch by inch we get closer and closer/to every little part of each other. Ooooh baby!” (1:47 mark) Oooooooooooooooh snap! That’s some lover’s rock right there! It’s like he’s singing to his girl at the same time, and they’re so into the moment, that he can’t really articulate his words. Getting all mush mouthed and shit. This song easily makes it into my 20 Favorite Songs of All Time (a work in progress. This shit is NOT easy!) and it also makes it into my “If I Ever Get Married and Had to DJ, I’d Play These Songs” set list. It’d be played either before dessert, or as the house lights were about to come on.

The only exception to this song is the Gweneth Paltrow & Huey Lewis duet. It is soooooooo asstacular! Just thinking about it makes me upset (no really, I’m getting a little mad) The Soul Kru version pretty much sucks, too.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lil Lex said...

the reason you're that far apart is because she took one step away from your stank ass before the picture was shot!

On some "get the fuck away from me, you stalker" shit!

7/25/2006 08:36:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home