Thursday, June 18, 2009

Didn't Go Out Like Willy Lump Lump

by chinwhat at 9:37 a.m.
You know how some of your coworkers hate their job and joke around on how awesome it'd be to get a package and never have to come into work anymore? Yeah, that was fun. Good times even.

Good times until it really happens that is.

I got the pink slip this morning and now I'm officially unemployed due to "restructuring"

Boy i wish i could've seen the confused look on my face in that HR room. I didn't see that one coming at all!

In fact, i thought i was untouchable. Teflon coated, son. "Are Star Trek phaser couldn't phase me" (C) Meth

Obviously, i was wrong.

The worst part though was not being able to say bye to my friends at work but that's the way it goes i guess.

(Instant Realization: FUCK i should have stolen a laptop! To reiterate WiseManJohn: the company isn't loyal to you. So do them before they do you!)

So what now?

No buying anything from Adidas' online store even though the shoes i wanted to pick up were so sweet. Pass on Mexx's 50% off sale this weekend. Cancel as much of my cable as possible. Fire up the resume machine. Get back into the gym. Listen to some Romey (where ai at?)



Oh, and only one more week before hanging out with Cathy on the daily. laugh

3 Comments:

Blogger Rubex Cube said...

Shoot not you as well - damn son but you're in IT you should be like Teflon.

Good luck in the search!

6/18/2009 10:11:00 a.m.  
Blogger Lil Lex said...

damn son! that sucks. Hope y'all can still feed Rudy. If you hang out with my wife, be ready to make the trek from Miltonia to Mt Sinai. She's going to pop!

6/18/2009 08:50:00 p.m.  
Blogger Cathy Torreno said...

That sucks, son! We can take cooking class again.

FYI: I cannot be held responsible for my water breaking during our outings. I'll be sure to keep a hosptial bag in your car too :)

6/18/2009 09:01:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home