Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Keep It Gully

by chinwhat at 5:18 p.m.
So I'm on my favorite website (ya'lls know the one) and I see a post called "The Roots cost me my gf" where the poster describes his situation where he had to choo-choo-choose between going to their show or chilling with his girl... so The Roots' drummer adds this:

jokes.
but boy you shoulda known by now
jawns are alergic to the roots.

i was seeing a girl about a year and a half ago
to die for.

then she told me she hated prince.

and then refused to go to the MSG musicology show.

aint spoke to her since.


Which made me laugh at first. Then made me think where would i have to draw the line?

2 Comments:

Blogger Lil Lex said...

school me on:

1. Gully
2. Jawn

10/27/2005 11:24:00 a.m.  
Blogger chinwhat said...

urbandictionary.com says:

1: Something from the streets, gutter, and/or gangsta

Same as sayin 'Hood'("I'm so hood") or "Street" ("I'm so street")
I'm so damn gully

2: a word used by Philly cats to describe anything and everything.
NY cats interject with the word "joint" but it doesn't convey the same feelings.
you see that car? that jawn was hot.
you was at Keisha's jawn last night?
when them planes flew into that jawn, it exploded!!
you heard that new jawn by B.Seigs & Freeway?
i hit this one jawn in my trunk, nigga!!
nah, i was at the jawn when she came by.

10/27/2005 05:35:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home