Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Desperate Times Call For...

by chinwhat at 7:49 p.m.
Last week, I’m on the home computer and Shaun messages me about some random stuff. As we’re randomly discussing the usual randomness, he randomly breaks out how wack it is that, of the TeamID gents, none of us have girlfriends. He named everyone off except for Torreno; “me, you, Chris, Jon, AI.” Not really sure what to make of this, I prodded “So? What’s the big deal?” Apparently, it’s important to go to events with a date now, like wedding showers. But I didn’t get it. Shaun can’t get a date? Contrary to what Jon might say, out of all of us, Shaun’s got the best game (scoreboard). Anyhow, that got me thinking about my work’s Christmas party which is in a month. We were given some invites (which I think looked rather classy, lassy!) and I was asking around to see whose going. Everyone was on the fence when I asked them. I didn’t really understand why until a couple of my co-workers mentioned that they needed to find a date to bring. A date?!?! Again, I didn’t get it. I asked a few more people, and one of the ladies asked me who I was brining. “Uh… I have to bring somebody?” Obviously, she said I didn’t. But I guess that’s not the point… or is it? So for events like this, am I supposed to bring somebody – even if I don’t really want to? I mean, couldn’t I just “go” with one (or two) of the PYTs (that's Pretty Young Thing you Michael Jackson-illiterate suh-nuh-nah-bitch!) from work? Or just... GO??? I don’t see it as a graduation formal (ie. Prom) or nothing, so why do I feel that pressure? I have to dress up? Do something with my hair? It’s only a work Christmas party, right? I’m just looking for a good time (which means I really should dress to impress, but still…) I guess in a way Shaun’s right. But he’s also wrong about a couple of things: we are NOT old and we don’t have to worry about getting hitched. “We’re old man.” “Everyone else is getting married” No, Shaun. No we are not and no, we don’t need to. We’re only 24 (at least I am. Ya’lls is some old timers) and we have a long ass time to worry about wedding bells. Chill yo! In the immortal words of Menace II Society’s Caine Lawson “Chill Farrakhan!”

2 Comments:

Blogger Rubex Cube said...

So the ultimate question is are you going to bring a date Chin or go solo?

10/19/2005 07:07:00 a.m.  
Blogger jay said...

Aw yeah. Ruby steps it up and takes charge. Crack that whip, baby girl! :D

10/20/2005 10:58:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home