Monday, November 29, 2004

All I want for Christmas is you...

by chinwhat at 2:00 p.m.
So last night I'm coming back home from my Tribunal meeting with a couple of friends. I throw on some EZ Rock since they have the Christmas songs going on right now. One friend was surprised that they started playing this early in the season. Adding that he would be content on listening a mere week before the big day - to which I strongly disagreed. In fact, rotate these all year, and I'd be happy! My other friend dismissed my music taste straight up. Calling into question my sexual orientation. Especially when Nat King("Rub it all over your breasts, and your vagina!) Cole's "The Christmas Song" came on. That's when I said: "This is the fucking joint, yo!" Seriously, I love that song! So I tried to defend my genre selection etc etc etc. Him dismissing dismissing. Even had the audacity (that's right mofo, audacity!) to turn down my music! Later on, Mariah Carrey's "All I Want For Christmas" comes on. And all I said was: "and you're hating on this song right?" And before he could reply 'yes,' I said: "Thats right! That's right, bitch!" Why? Cuz we both know MC came with this jam! I challenge ANYONE to tell me why this song doesn't kick ass! We both agreed that its insanely difficult now a days to not only come with a good Christmas song, but with a CLASSIC Christmas song. Think about it, you gotta come strong! It has to be timeless! It can't sound like it was recorded in year 19XX. It has to have a timeless topic (in this case missing her s.o.) And it has to be strong enough to crack the regular rotation of Christmas songs - which is pretty much impossible. Fuck, you got a butter chance at playing Lottario 49 or something. Anways, heer's my top 10 Christmas songs:

#1 Nat King Cole - The Christmas Song
#2 Any Version - Sleigh Ride - Any versions cool except for the country one. This songs my second choice because its good fast OR slow. What songs can pull it off like that? Realy?
#3 Mariah Carrey - All I Want For Christmas - I like it cuz its sweet... like me...
#4 Stevie Wonder - What Christmas Means To Me - Thanks to years of Jon propaganda
#5 George Michael - Last Christmas - Excellent song!
#6 Ertha Kitt - Santa Baby - Her version's the best, but I'll also accept the C. Basinet version. I like this song cuz its kinda slutty.
#7 Paul McCartney - Wonderfull Christmas - Cuz its fun singing it in an english accent.
#8 Jackson 5 - I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Clause - Also slutty like song #6.
#9 Bing Crosby - White Christmas - The best part of this song is the whistling!! That's fucking control right there!
#10 Alvin & The Chipmunks - Christmas Time is Heer - Damn Dave, always so mad!

Hon Mention: That Pop Up video episode where they had that one with what's his name, that old guy who did the song w/that guy in that cat movie who married that tall African lady who should've played Storm in the X-Men movie... you know the one...

4 Comments:

Blogger Rubex Cube said...

I like # 3 and # 6

And wasn't there a Wham version of some x-mas song as well? :)

Good effort Chin I can tell that you are hella pasionate about it! Damn do not get inbetween Chin and his songs, or else!

11/29/2004 01:48:00 p.m.  
Blogger Rubex Cube said...

I like # 3 and # 6

And wasn't there a Wham version of some x-mas song as well? :)

Good effort Chin I can tell that you are hella pasionate about it! Damn do not get inbetween Chin and his songs, or else!

11/29/2004 01:48:00 p.m.  
Blogger chinwhat said...

Thanks Rubes! Yup, that songs good. That's the George Michael joint errrrrrr Wham! errrrrrrr George Michael errrrrrr Wham! errrrrr....

11/29/2004 09:08:00 p.m.  
Blogger Chris said...

Ok time for my annual complaining of Christmas songs, not that I have anything against Christmas songs, but [rant on]when you have to listen to it for 8 hours every weekend for a month, it drives you nuts![rant off] (Queue Chin's annual rebuttal)

11/30/2004 12:21:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home