Sunday, August 02, 2009

Caribana 2KWine

by chinwhat at 4:58 p.m.
From The Missed Adventures of Chin

This year’s Tribal Knights theme was Birds of Paradise. Our section in the band was Hummingbirds which was blue and white. In order to jazz it out, I could only do one thing that related to birds and the colour blue. And that would be:

BIRD. NATION. (waves arms like a bird) Hahahaha.
From The Missed Adventures of Chin

From The Missed Adventures of Chin


Highlights:
Cup + vodka + free red bulls = rum + coke = good time
From The Missed Adventures of Chin

I don’t know what “Falundafa” is, but I’m guessing it stands for “Chinese Marching Band That Seems Awkwardly Out of Place”. No, I didn’t get a chance to speak to them, but I’m pretty sure they weren’t “Chiny”
From The Missed Adventures of Chin
Apparently they were part of one of the bands playing but not sure which one. Later on in the day, I noticed them trying to escape and file through the rammed parade route. Since I was going in the same direction, I figure I’d walk with them. It was so packed that when i was walking with them, I could feel my butt sort of sitting on the drum of one the Falundafa drum folks. With the soca playing from the trucks, I was dancing as i walked, bumping my bottom up and down on the musicians drum for about thirty seconds before she moved it off to the side, hahaha.


Saw my girl Nalini doing some Live On Location stuff (and no, she can’t dance to this type of music. In fact, she was quite terrible. But its okay cuz she still gots her looks) Later on at night, we were watching the recast of CP24s coverage and I actually make it on TV for about a minute.
From The Missed Adventures of Chin


(sorry for the poor quality. I really need to stop using my cell phone’s video capture) Funny how the two Filipino girls can’t get as low as our Grenadian and Guyanese friends.



And of course, Pervert’s Row. Oh, everyone sees you trying to be all nonchalant with your zoom lens pointed at woman grinding up on each other. You guys aren’t fooling anyone, creepy as muthas.
From The Missed Adventures of Chin


Hilarious: this golf cart was making its way against the parade route when it had to stop for a brief minute…

Had a blast this year once again. Great music with lots of girls dancing it up. Great vibes but I've only got major gripe: folks really need to stop coming onto the parade route. It really fucks up the flow and nothing moves. Its just a jammed up mess of people with no one moving anywhere.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Lil Lex said...

looks like y'all had a good time. I remember the last time I went to Caribana, it rained like a mothafucka. And then we were treated to a surprise wedding shower.

8/02/2009 10:44:00 p.m.  
Blogger Rubex Cube said...

Good times indeed~! I wanna come out next year and "gawk" hehe

Love the costumes you guys look great!!!!

8/02/2009 11:14:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home